January 24, 2012

Let go....

How difficult is it to let go? Things, people, memories, expectations  and what not. Its not easy to let go.
My mavshi always used to say that I have too many things in my cupboard. I have this ridiculous habit. Memories are not enough for me. I keep things to remind me of those memories. I have a ribbon to remind me of my grandma's bday, a pen to remember my last day of school, an envelop of the greeting card given to my best friend. These things are silly, unimportant in one glance, but they are very valuable for me. When I was coming to MDI, I knew I had to clear up my closet. My heart still pains for all the things I threw away. It was not easy.
Similarly its the case with clothes. How many of us find it difficult to discard a favourite shirt, a favourite pair of shoes, or an old but loved scarf? Even though its very clear that it will not be used in future, its difficult to let it go.
Our life has some relations which turn sour due to some reasons. But still, as holding on is innate human nature, its difficult to let relations go, let people go. But if not learnt this important skill, such kept relations can actually result in more pains.

Space is a constraint everywhere. If something new has to come, something old has to go. Then why not throw away all such sorry stuff and create space for something happy, something nice?
Its easy to say. Difficult to do.
But what I learnt is - Let it go, because something better is on the way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment